We are currently looking for a full time or part time Licensed Veterinary Technician
We are offering a Sign on bonus!!!!
We are in search of a NYS Licensed Veterinary Technician. A person with energy, self-motivation, high ethical standards, who is thoughtful, compassionate, thorough and has a good sense of humor.
State of the art, family owned, AAHA certified small animal practice looking for a FT/PT Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our team! Voted the top veterinary hospital in the capital region. Burnt Hills Veterinary Hospital serves 32,000 families and their pets in a beautiful semi-rural community. With 12 doctors and over 60 staff, we are a busy hospital which strives to provide high quality client service, compassionate patient care, and advanced diagnostic and treatment options. Some of our unique offerings include in-house ultrasound, advanced soft tissue and orthopedic surgery, rehabilitation services, regenerative stem cell and PRP treatments, acupuncture, and chiropractic services.
At Burnt Hills Veterinary Hospital, technicians are an integral part of the team that not only provide patient care and technical services, but also take an active role in client education, work-flow management, and hospital development. Continual employee skill and knowledge development are expected, encouraged and supported. We provide our technicians with opportunities to focus on special interests and learn the newest medical breakthroughs.
We are open 7 days a week, but scheduling is flexible and both day and evening shifts are available. Weekend shifts are shared by all staff and filled on a rotational basis. We offer a highly competitive salary as well as a continuing education stipend, 401K, paid licensing fees, health and dental Insurance, paid holidays and vacation time, and very generous employee pet care benefits. A sign on bonus is also available for the right candidate.
Our staff has been having fun at and outside of work for over 65 years. We love doing what we do and we hope you'll consider joining us! Send Resume to : [email protected]
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Basic Nursing Care (feeding, cleaning, walking)
- Animal handling
- Client education & patient care instructions
- Administration of medications
- Boarder admissions
- Exam room responsibilities (patient preliminary workup, TPR’s, etc.)
- Technician specific appointments (SQ fluids, vaccine boosters, etc.)
- Surgical & hospital patient discharges
- Surgery (inducing, intubating, prepping & monitoring)
- Perform all in-house lab work & cytology
- Pharmacy (restocking & filling prescribed medications)
- Perform Radiographs
- Assist in ultrasounds & endoscopies
- Perform physical rehabilitation procedures (therapeutic ultrasound, therapeutic laser, e-stim)
- Do all venipunctures & urine collections
- IV catheter placement
- Fluid administration
- Perform dental prophylaxis procedures
- Therapeutic grooming & bathing
- Cleaning & stocking of appropriate areas
- Overall cleanliness of the facility (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, empting trash, & disinfecting all surfaces using appropriate cleaning agents)
- Maintain all areas in a manner that is free of odor & fire hazards
- Maintain patience & self-control while handling all animals
- Marking cage cards with adequate information
- Appropriate use of personal safety devices
- Practice good customer service skills
Education – graduate of an AAS Veterinary Technology Program
Licensure – professional NYS License
Experience – prior experience helpful but not required
Skills – basic computer skills helpful
Physical Effort – Lifting & carrying up to 40lbs, bending, pulling, & standing for periods are required
If this has piqued your interest, email us at [email protected]
or fax us your info at (518)399-3370.